Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Think He Really Does Know Everything!


I have to admit this is one of my favorite entries, yet! The one upcoming Westminster Broadcasting Major who I know and admire is Andrew Borts. I have been in many classes and practicums with Andy because although he is a year younger than I am because I came into the major late so I was with first year students during my first year as a Broadcast major. Long Story..I know! Anyway the first time we met we were in a high school football remote. He came walking down bragging about how he worked at a big radio station, and in high school he did a lot of work with cameras and other related equipment. I am not going to lie I was pretty intimidated! He is pretty big into radio, and although he does a little bit of television, its obvious radio is his passion.
Andy is not only great at what he does; he’s a great friend too! Although he intimidated me at first, last fall we had a shift together anchoring the news and he showed me the ropes. I had never been on the radio before and I know it didn’t sound very pretty at first, but Andy never once made me feel like I was terrible even if I was. Whether you need help writing, editing, shooting, or just have a question in general Andy is always eager to help! He has such a bright future ahead of him! He is someone who I look up to, and am not afraid to admit it.
One of my other fondest memories was when Andy spent 2 hours helping me fix an audio problem that I had tried fixing on one of my packages. I tried day after day, hour after hour, and could not figure out the problem. Instead of letting me take a zero Andy helped me until the problem was resolved! When he makes it big in radio one day, or even maybe television I know that he will do a fantastic job! He knows so much, yet doesn’t let it swell his head! When in comes time for him to apply for jobs, any station would be crazy not to hire him!

No comments: