Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Student By Day, VJ & Anchor By Night!

Well I know that you would never guess in a million years what my capstone presentation would be about, right? Actually, I bet you would guess it…. Sports! My presentation is on Monday November 10th, 2008 at 7 PM. I debated on where I should do my presentation, but I found the perfect spot. I am going to present in the field house conference room.

Have you ever wondered if sports anchors shoot their own packages? As the anchor for our cable show Titan-Town Sports I can answer that question for you, I do! Its called being a video journalist or "VJ." Stations can hire fewer people to do more work and save money in the long run. I know that I have talked about this in previous blogs because the station that I interned at was doing this. I know that it was a lot of hard work, but everyone there seemed to get everything accomplished and didn’t have to worry about it being a crazy news room because of all of the people. I am going to show examples of how I went out every other week and not only shot my video for my packages, but I put them together and anchored them as well. The packages range from 1:30 to 2 minutes. If you aren’t a football fan no need to worry as I have worked very hard to do a variety of feature stories. Focusing on other sports such as high school soccer and the Special Olympics. No matter what your interest is, everyone can relate. I have taken all of these packages, as well as the episodes that I anchored Titan-Town Sports to my mentor Bill Castrovince for feedback. Bill is from WYTV33 the station that I interned at, and is a great story teller and video journalist. His input helped me to work hard to improve everyday not only on my editing and shooting skills, but my anchoring delivery, too!

No comments: